Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The researcher in me

OK, this is where I show what a geek I truly am. I just got these numbers from Guatadopt:
DESTINED TO THE US:
Statistics-
Total number of adoption cases for 2006-2007=5,024
Total number of that went to the US 2006-07 =4,757

Assuming the number of adoptions that were started in 05 but completed in 06 is statistically equal to the number of adoptions that were started in 06 but not completed yet, that means only 267 cases did not go to the US. I'm assuming that number refers to cases that got to PGN but were kicked out for some reason, or ones that went to investigations for more than the mere look-see (AKA, the longtimers).

267 cases out of 5024. That means about 5% of the cases were not approved. Again, that assumes the "total number of adoption cases" refers to those that made it to PGN.

If, however, the "total number of adoption cases" refers to those that began the process, then we must include the children who were returned to their bparent. I remember reading that number is something like 2 or 3 out of 100. In that case, 2-3% of cases that were started did NOT result in coming to the US.

Ingrid is not one of those, since her case was never started anywhere (I know you're sick of me pointing it out). Either is her bsister, since her sister's case started in 2005. Her first KO from PGN was in 2005, also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home