Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

DNA

Note: The following is the e-mail I received on March 24, 2006, at 7:48 PM. As you read it, keep in mind that I had mailed in my dossier over 3.5 months previously, I was told to expect DNA authorization by January 10 and had still not gotten it, I had spent several days with Ingrid over a month earlier, the foster mom was afraid to talk to me on the phone because she thought the "attorney" was mad at her, and most importantly it was ONE WEEK AFTER I asked for a specific reason my folder hadn't gotten DNA authorization (and was told the Embassy wanted new lab work on the bmom).

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:48:46 EST
Subject: DNA

I am TOLD that we finally finally have the DNA auth for your case. That said, I do not have the fax. The office faxed over a few and we assumed yours was in it, when we called back a few minutes later the office assured us they would fax it again. We do not have it yet but I did talk to the office manager and she assured me that she "had seen it with her own eyes" and would fax it as soon as she went back to the other office. We do not have it yet and have faxed to tell the office that we do not have it yet. We do believe them ......................but until we see it with our own eyes---we do not believe or trust anyone to give us the right information!!!! :)

I will call them again tomorrow and try to hunt someone down. I am sure we have it but..........................................

That said, We will send the Lab the DNA payment form that is in your file and they will send us back a paid receipt and then we fax the paid receipt to the DNA doctor and then and only then will the DNA Dr schedule up an appt for the BM to come in. It usually takes about a week from Monday to get everyone scheduled and in to the Dr office for the quick DNA swab.

I realize that it took much too long to get the DNA auth but we were faced with the Embassy delays, way too long of lines, multiple requests for nonsense documents and then the atty office getting backlogged on DNA auths and the E only allowing 4 files to be submitted every other day by the same office. We kept on them and I am sure that we have yours as you could hear me screaming at the office and messenger all the way in NY I am sure !!!!!

I will confirm the DNA auth by Monday if not sooner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home