Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Painfully aware

July 3. I know this date. I know it too well.

July 3, 2006 - I asked for a new referral. Actually, first thing I did was write out what I would say to the agency when I called. No answer (of course), so I left a message. Got an e-mail minutes later (coincidence?) saying they didn't hear me. I sent the e-mail. I was told it was my decision to wait (not true, well half true because I was trusting their professional judgement, which is what I PAID them for). "We can certainly talk about a new referral but the other case will be approved in a matter of days." Within days it was clear that the agency would never give me another referral. It was six months later until the agency flat-out started to ignore me. But July 3, that was the date I admitted to myself that it was over with Ingrid. I held out hope for over five more months, even for the two months after Adoption Supervisors told me it was over I still hoped. I hoped until it was clear my agency would not respond to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home