Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Not open to interpretation

On December 12, 2006, I was told that I would receive an agreement to sign the very next day, and that I would get my refund and dossier by the beginning of the next week. Keep that in mind.

By Friday, December 15 (three days later), I still hadn't received any agreement from Joanne. Since Joanne said I needed to sign this agreement before she gave me my refund, I wanted to be sure to sign it ASAP. Her own words were that she would get the agreement to me that next day, and it's already two days beyond that.

I sent her an e-mail:
I sent my fax number on Tuesday but I have not received either a fax or e-mail as you indicated I would. That is fine if it's taking longer than expected but please let me know you have gotten the fax number. In case you haven't, it is (XXX) xxx-xxxx.

Five minutes later, I got this response:
I was just getting ready to email you. The atty sent over this horrid agreement that is soooo legalese and terrible. I called to have him clean it up (give me a break there are at least 13 "whereas" comments) as I can not even understand it. He is out of town until the 24th so I have to wait until then. I PROMISE you that I am PERSONALLY sending you the funds. The board was crazed, our atty is livid and my accountant about passed out. That all said, I am sending you the money but it looks like the agrement will not be done until after Christmas but I will handle it myself as soon as we are back in the ofice on the 27th

Honestly, it was five minutes later. E-mails are stamped with the time, so it's not an exaggeration or my shady memory of events. I find it ironic that three days had passed, yet she was "just getting ready" to e-mail me at the exact time I e-mailed her.

I guess they never had this kind of issue before, that they never had an agreement like this before to sign? If Joanne can't understand it, then she is not approving the agreement. I'm fine with that, I'll wait for the agreement even though you said I'd have it a few days ago. But I'm curious why it's taking so long like this? And I'm also curious about an attorney that will be out of town until Christmas Eve. He's off the week before, but will work on Christmas? Huh?

And in Joanne's words, she is PROMISING me that she will PERSONALLY send me the refund. Everyone else is incensed about the situation (not my problem how your company operates, BTW), but she is PROMISING me. It's all there, not open to interpretation. "I PROMISE you that I am PERSONALLY sending you the funds."

But I have to wait until December 27. 2006, for the agreement...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger HollyGee said…

    Of course she is trying to make herself look the good guy who is doing the right thing in this post. I'm just glad you have all of this so that you can nail her a$$ to the wall. Lorenzo has this little saying and it is PERFECT for Joanne.

    "You can take a piece of $hit and dip it in gold but in the end, it's still just a piece of $hit"

    I hope she reads this and knows that she is very HATED!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home