Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Monday, November 19, 2007

80 problems

I just read on a listserv that last year there were 80 problem cases in Guatemala in 2006 and only 40 in 2007. That sounds like improvement to me!

But wait a second. Since Joanne told me she'd get back to me on the refund/referral issue in January 2007, would I be considered one of those 40 problems this year? Or since it was 2006 when we found out Ingrid couldn't be relinquished because the cedula was forged (October when AS told me, December when Joanne told me), would I be considered one of the 80 problems in 2006? Or since Ingrid was actually referred in 2005, would I be considered one of the problems that year?

NO, NO, and NO. Since my Power of Attorney was never filed, I would not be considered one of the problems for ANY year. And frankly, it doesn't matter which year Ingrid's sister would be considered a problem during, because when it happens to YOU it doesn't even matter if you're ONE out of ONE.

My case was not a "problem case." My case was a SCAM. The difference between the two - a problem case is never completed, but a scam is never STARTED.

And if Joanne wants to consider my case a "problem case" that she truly had no responsibility for, then she should ANSWER the complaint at the Better Business Bureau. Or she should fulfill her promise to me that I have IN WRITING that she will give me a partial refund (which I graciously accepted, even knowing her contract entitled me to a FULL refund...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home