Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Friday, August 03, 2007

In review

My bloglines account monitors something like 70 blogs right now. I often click on the "real" blog also, not just the bloglines, but the bloglines lets me easily see who's updated.

But every so often, bloglines does this funky thing where it refreshes a bunch of blogs that weren't really updated. So I may be reading bloglines and see that someone got a previo when in fact I know their child has been home for many months. It looks like a new post, but it's really just some automatic refresher of an old post.

Today bloglines refreshed most of Angel's old blog. I scrolled through the whole thing, backward. Zoe comes home, they get out of PGN, summer visit. They hired AS around the same time I did. They got a previo, in PGN, pre-approval.

They got DNA authorization on March 29. The same day I was told mine was a lie. And Angel apologized to me for her good news. How horrible for her, that her joy had to be tempered with an apology for my situation. I'm sorry, Angel. I'm sorry things were so bad for me that you couldn't fully enjoy your success.

I knew it was around that same time, the DNA authorization situation. At the time, it made sense. We had started around the same time, had progressed (or not) at the same rate, and finally had some answers around the same time (even if my answers were bad, at least they were finally some answers). It made my situation more believable, in my warped AND TRUSTING waiting-parent mind.

I'm so desperately searching for some kind of answer as to WHY this happened to ME. And now, seeing that there's the additional DNA test because the embassy must feel enough babies are being switched to warrant this new test (although I've only heard of two baby-switching cases, I have to believe it's a significant concern to implement this new test) I'm reminded of my bad apple. AppleS. Agency, facilitator, attorney who did the signing. And the agency has several people who work there, on the payroll (director and her husband are listed on the 990, as is director's "best" friend). And the facilitator has an assistant, since he's not allowed to actually WORK so he has someone else's name to attach. And that attorney, he's nothing more than a paid signature. He gets PAID, out of the money I THOUGHT was going towards foster care and medical exams (and vaccinations) and adoption-related paperwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home