Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Your turn to participate (PLEASE)

BUMPING THIS MESSAGE FROM YESTERDAY. STILL SEEKING YOUR ANSWERS...

Anyone else watch Big Brother? I've seen almost every episode since season 2 (I missed a bunch of season 1, when it was on seven days a week). Resa got me into it. This season's houseguests, I just have one question: I didn't know that Tommy Lee was Anna Nicole Smith's father. (If you don't watch the show, you won't get it. Resa and Doug were rolling on the floor laughing.)

I've long thought that if I were to be on a reality show, it would be that one. Nothing to do but sit in a house and gossip. Contests that aren't physically demanding. Prety much the worst things about the show are no Internet, no Doug, and occasional weeks of eating nothing but "Big Brother slop" (which appears to be nothing more than plain oatmeal).

But it got me thinking about what kind of reality show WOULD be good to be on.

PLEASE leave a comment saying if you think these scenarios would be GOOD, in that you wouldn't judge a person too harshly if they did it. And feel free to embellish with details and past experiences. Is it OK, in your opinion, for a person to:
1. Be a contestant on a reality show like Survivor, Big Brother, or the Amazing Race?
2. Be a contestant on a "talent search" like American Idol or America's Next Top Model?
3. Be a contestant on a game show like Millionnaire or Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?
4. Be interviewed by the local news about a program you're volunteering with?
5. Be interviewed by the local news about an accident you witnessed?
6. Be interviewed by Oprah about some aspect of your life, like your messy house or your boyfriend who won't commit?
7. Be interviewed by Montel or Dr. Phil about your failed adoption?

PLEASE leave opinions. And ask your friends to leave opinions. Please.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Michelle Smiles said…

    I don't think there is anything wrong with any of those things. I personally would lean more toward Dr. Phil than Montel but I don't watch talk shows very often so it's just a snap judgment. The one time I saw Montiel he was doing something that seemed a little sleazy (but I don't recall what).

    I would love to go on the Amazing Race but I know I would be a whiney brat after a few days so I wouldn't do it. Everyone in America would hate me and ask why my husband was still with me hehe.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I think it would be fine to be on any of those shows. My thing is this: If a person can handle any potential repercussions that may occur as a result of being on these shows, then by all means go for it.

    I have to second the Montel opinion. He seems sleazy to me too.

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    I would lean towards to Oprah, the Amazing Race, and well I have been interviewed for the newspaper on adoption and the dumb things that people say to you when talking about your adoption journey.

    I am back in cyber space.....

    Happy Three Years.... Doug sounds just wonderful.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    If I had the talent, I'd be on the talent ones. I secretly dream of being on something like Millionaire, World Series of Pop Culture, or even Jeopardy.

    I wouldn't judge anyone for being on Dr. Phil, or Montel. Now Maury Povich? Maybe.

    I agree with Jenn-if you can handle the fallout that MAY come from any one of these, then go for it!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Ditto the other posters. I wouldn't judge people just for going on those shows.

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Sig said…

    I would not judge, but I sometimes wonder why they do it. (Like airing out very personal issues on Montel).
    Amazing Race? Not me, I would not make it through one day, but hey, if you can, why not??

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Esther said…

    I think it's OK to be a contestant on a show or interviewed on a show. However, each individual hopefully can keep their dignity ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home