Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Finally a response

I asked the agency for a new referral or a refund. This was their response, four days later.

"I have forwarded this follow up note to our legal counsel and will wait to hear from them. We want to get you either a child or a refund or something so you can be done with this too."

My legal counsel takes about 5 hours to respond when I e-mail them. Let's see how fast their legal counsel is.

Let me restate for the record here: I would like to adopt a child from Guatemala. As Ingrid is not able to be relinquished, I would like another referral. (Another child is NEVER a replacement for one that was lost. Please stop using the term "replacement referral." There can be no replacement for Ingrid, but there can be a child that is meant to be MY child.) Thank you.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Man, these people are unbelievable. I'd be in jail by now, if it were me going through this..

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    No, violence isn't the answer. Nor are hints of violence. I simply want the agency to do the job I hired them to do - help me adopt a child. If they do not think they can accomplish that, they need to release me from my contract and refund my money. Easy as that.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Alleen said…

    Ugh, ugh. I just cannot believe how you've been treated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home