Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wonder why the "Year In Review" updates stopped?

Because I didn't get any communication from the agency for those days!! Notice the dates in the following correspondance:


Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:37:18 -0400
From: (Agency which still has NEVER been named on this blog)
Subject: Re: I-600A
To: (My e-mail address)

Sorry for the delay...you will have the POA by Tuesday. I need to get the proper spelling of the atty name so we do the Power of Atty correctly the first time. Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Stacy B
To: (Still unnamed agency)
Sent: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 06:29:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: I-600A
Hi, Joanne. I didn't get this yet. I'd like to be able to print it before I leave school today (about 6 PM) so I can have it notarized on my way to work tomorrow, and then take it to the County Clerk before I go away for the weekend first thing on Friday morning and mail it off to the state.
Thanks.
Stacy

(the agency) wrote:
I will do up the Power of Attorney for you right away and email it by nightfall.



Anyone else find this a bit strange, avoidance behavior at it's finest?
  1. It took at least three days (probably four, because why would I have sent out an e-mail at 6:30 AM unless it was something I hadn't gotten the day before) to get "right away" completed.
  2. Now that I think about it, wasn't that "nightfall" supposed to be the 17th, the day I accepted the referral? It took five days for nightfall to come?
  3. You don't know the spelling of your attorney's name? According to your own published information, your advertisements about your agency, you only work with four attorneys. You don't know their names? Or the spelling of the names? Why don't you just have them posted in your office? It's FOUR names!!! I know the names AND correct spelling of all 120+ of my students. It's not a talent, I just wrote them down in my grade book so I can access them whenever I want. Matter of fact, I also have them on my home computer. And the school network is available on a secured server on the Internet. And you can't get one of four names? Are you sure that it's you had to get the correct spelling, and not that you needed to find out which name to put? Because which name to put may take five days. Getting the correct spelling of someone you've worked with for years, that doesn't take five days.

And one year ago today, I made my first Ingrid purchases. I got her two outfits at the Hershey Outlets. I tried to post pictures of the outfits (and Ingrid wearing them), but as usual Blogger isn't cooperating. One outfit was tan and white, there was an adorable tan bucket hat that Ingrid just LOVED, and a skirt and blouse. The other outfit was this mix-and-match set that I got every piece to, all pink and white (cause a girl has to have pink). A sweatshirt, pants, skirt, shirt, socks, and headbands. One of the socks Ingrid left in the drawer during my visit trip (it was the outfit she wore when the foster family dropped her off to stay with me), and the next day the foster mother asked about the sock. ONE sock! Maybe socks in Guatemala don't get lost the same way socks up here do. I did mail the sock back in my next package. But in the meantime, I know it's corny, but I carried that sock in my school backpack. Just knowing it was on her little foot, that it had her stinky foot odor (just kidding, her feet smelled sweet like sugar), it just made me feel like my daughter left her sock in my bag. Like a real family.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is so crazy. I wish I had good advice but all I have is good wishes for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home