Losing Ingrid

I'm not waiting for her anymore. BIG BIG problems with the paperwork that have marred this case almost from the beginning. I'm now trying to deal with the reality that Ingrid will never be my daughter.

Monday, October 16, 2006

A year ago today

I had gone out to dinner with Doug. No idea what we ate. I'm sure we were talking about referrals, because I had passed on two boys (knowing for sure and always saying I wanted to adopt a girl, after my summer experience with a boy). I checked my e-mail right after Doug went home. This is what I saw:


Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:40:37 EDT
Subject: News!

Remember the little almost 4 year old girl named Isabell...her name is actually Ingrid. Well she is suddenly available. The family that was suppose to adopt her ran into a delay so they have to step out of the referral. I thought of you right away!!!!!She will be 4 on October 29 and is super sweet and cute and happy and well adjusted. We have her medical and birth certificate etc and all is in order. This atty will wait for you to get your INS clearance as long as we committ ($$) to her. Not all attys will let us match a toddler if you do not have INS clearance.I have some pics that I can send you from the office if you are interested!


Obviously I sent back that I was interested and to get the other information to me ASAP. I got a fax of her medical report (the only one I've ever gotten) and about 35 pictures taken during the director's previous visit (now I get 12 pictures).

After I got the e-mail and responded, I called Vicki, Resa, and Dawn. Of course no one answered the phone, so I left a message on each machine. And then I sent this e-mail (notice the date and time):
<<<10/16/2005>>>
Hi, Resa, Vicki, and Dawn. I tried to call you when I got this news (except for Dawn because it was too late). This is the link to see little Ingrid. When you open the page, scroll down a little bit until you see "Isabella." That's not her name - her name is Ingrid. And she's AVAILABLE and waiting for ME...

It's been 52 weeks. Tonight will be a complete year. Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I am so sorry. I really hope your wait ends soon.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Angel said…

    It's beyond words. I am so sorry. I know that doesn't really cut it. Angel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home